Based on survey findings from over 2,000 employers and employees across the region, Hays 2019 GCC Salary & Employment Report takes a detailed look at salary and hiring trends from 2018 and employee and employer expectations for 2019. Sectors and professions covered in the report include: Accountancy & Finance, Construction, Property & Engineering, HR, Technology & Digital, Marketing & Digital Marketing, Office Support, Sales and Supply Chain.
- 42% of working professionals’ salaries increased year-on-year in 2018, 49% remained the same and 9% decreased
- 62% of employers in the region expect salaries within their organisation to increase in the next 12 months
- 20% of employees started a new job with a new company in 2018, compared to 29% who said the same in 2017
- 67% expect to start a new job with a new company in 2019, compared to 51% who said the same last year, the main reason is down to pursuing ‘a new career path’
- 67% of employers plan to recruit additional staff in the next 12 months
- Hays 2018 GCC Salary & Employment Report
- Hays 2017 GCC Salary & Employment Report
- Hays 2016 GCC Salary & Employment Report
- Hays 2015 GCC Salary & Employment Report
Hays would like to express our gratitude to all those individuals who participated in our online survey and provided such invaluable feedback.
- Job seekers: Register your CV
- Employers: Register your vacancies
- Career advice: Visit our dedicated blog page
- Market intelligence: View all the latest reports about the world of work from Hays
The Hays GCC Salary & Employment Report is representative of a value added service to our clients, prospective clients and candidates. Whilst every care is taken in the collection and compilation of data, the survey is interpretive and indicative, not conclusive. Therefore information should be used as a guideline only and should not be reproduced in total or by section without written prior permission from Hays. For more information about the report, please do not hesitate to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.