Manager, Strategy Planning
Your new role
The Strategy Planning Manager is a key member of the strategy team dedicated to developing, implementing, and monitoring strategic initiatives that align with the authority's mission and vision. The Strategy Planning Manager plays a critical role in guiding the organisation's long-term growth, sustainability, and success in the tourism sector.
What you'll need to succeed
- Bachelor’s degree in business, strategy, economics or related field.
- MBA Degree is advantageous
- 5 - 7 years of experience in a similar role, preferably in a top-tier management consulting company, in the strategic function of a tourism industry entity [hospitality, airline, DMO etc.].
- Proven experience of developing and implementing long-term strategic plans and initiatives in coordination with high-level stakeholders; strong project management experience to oversee execution of critical initiatives.
- Good understanding of the tourism and hospitality industry, including market dynamics, trends, and competitive landscape.
- Experience working with clients or projects in the tourism/hospitality sector is highly desirable.
- Regularly provide health check of enterprise checks and KPIs to the CEO and leadership team.
- Work closely with the Strategy VP and leadership team to recommend strategic approaches and solutions to complex strategic topics.
- Develop periodic reports and dashboards to share with the leadership and stakeholders to enable informed decision-making and support strategic initiatives.
- Prepare and present regular reports on the progress and impact of strategic initiatives to VP Strategy, Senior Management team and other stakeholders as required.
- Assist in the development and management of budget for strategic initiatives, ensuring efficient allocation of resources.
- Support identifying funding opportunities and partnerships to support strategic projects and initiatives.
- Collaborate with various tourism ecosystem stakeholders to ensure alignment with the strategy
- Conduct research and analysis of industry trends, market dynamics, and competitive forces to inform strategic planning
- Collaborate with the strategy team and senior management team to formulate and refine the authority and different departments' strategic goals and initiatives.
- Develop strategic roadmaps, action plans, and milestones for the implementation of strategic initiatives
- Collect data from relevant sources.
- Monitor and analyse data to identify market trends, customer demographics, and emerging opportunities.
What you'll get in return
- Hybrid Working Model
- Growth Opportunities
- Competitive Salary + Benefits
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career.