Senior Legal Counsel – Legal & Compliance - Abu Dhabi
Your new company
The client is a prestigious global asset management and investment manager company, headquartered in Abu Dhabi.
Your new role
As a seasoned Senior Legal Counsel, you will be required to help lead, supervise and manage the provision of all legal services under the supervision of the Legal Director.
You will be responsible for reviewing, advising, and negotiating all commercial contracts, investments and joint ventures, coordinating dispute resolution matters, advising on the protection of intellectual property rights, and promoting awareness of changes in law and regulation which will impact business operations across the fund management and fund investment business.
You will be responsible for developing and reviewing policies and procedures, agreements, and all legal related documents that the company is in engaged in whilst ensuring that its rights and responsibilities are protected. You will also be responsible for ensuring compliance with the rules and regulations of all applicable regulators.
- Advising on all legal aspects of transactions, discretionary asset management relations and business projects and responsible for assisting with the risk management
- Liaising and interacting with internal stakeholders, audit firms and local and international law firms
- Advising on corporate governance and compliance matters encompassing pre-existing and new regulations
- Analysing complex legal issues and provide sound judgment to the business while evaluating business imperatives with legal risk
- Reviewing, advising, and negotiating a wide range of commercial contracts (distribution agreements, outsourcing agreements, purchase agreements, research and development and software licensing agreements, NDAs, MoUs)
- Reviewing, advising, and negotiating investments (direct equity/debt deployments, fund of fund allocations etc) and joint venture opportunities
- Establishing a framework for effective project management of legal workstreams, including providing timely, clear and comprehensive updates to management on the status of key projects
- Developing strategies and processes to protect, manage and defend the intellectual property rights of the business
- Effective supervision and management of external counsel and supporting legal personnel
- Maintaining comprehensive and up to date legal records for the business
- Advising and coordinating dispute resolution matters relevant to the business
- Promoting awareness of changes in law and regulation which will impact business operations
- The development and implementation of legal training and continuing professional development
- Promoting the integrity, objectivity, and efficacy of the legal department across the organization and in interactions with external parties (regulators, external counsel, courts etc.)
- Reporting material legal and reputational issues to the Deputy General Counsel
What you'll need to succeed
- At least 6 years of experience including experience in a top international law firm
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognised/reputable university in law and a track record of academic excellence
- Significant experience as a lead negotiation lawyer and experience dealing with end-to-end transactions
- Skilled at analyzing and managing legal and practical risks
- A constructive and solutions focused approach to work
- Exceptional communication and project management skills
- Experience managing a high volume of high value deals
- Excellent English language written and speaking skills. Additional languages are desirable
What you'll get in return
- Competitive tax-free salary + benefits
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1022050