NOW HIRING A PRINCIPAL STRUCTURAL ENGINEER
Your new company
A leading international engineering consultancy. Specialists in the built environment and complex infrastructure, recognised for a range of landmark projects. They can offer brilliant career growth opportunities, as well as giving you the opportunity to work on inspiring, exciting and challenging projects, not only locally but internationally.
Your new role
This is an exciting time for the company, as in recent years they have been engaged in a variety of projects, including within the events industry, for the Middle East region, focusing on temporary demountable structures and modular construction.They are looking for a dynamic, creative and motivated Principal Engineer to join a Structures Team, that will be situated in the Dubai office. Their projects involve sustainable solutions, and they are always developing innovative modular structures, which look to further progress and develop the construction methods within the industry. Projects focus on temporary demountable structures, as well as modular structure designs and construction, both play a key role in the success and record-breaking scale of the events for the client. If you are intrigued and excited by creative, collaborative design, solving complex engineering challenges and delivering the next generation structures within the buildings and events industries, I would love to hear from you.
- Contribute to our drive for best practice design and engineering culture, including our drive for net-zero carbon construction and development of cutting-edge digital design technics.
- The motivation to work on the design of temporary works and to develop construction methodology with contractors.
- An interest in digital design, 3D modelling and analysis would be advantageous.
- Undertake site inspections and liaison with contractors through the construction phase.
- Carry out site surveys and desk studies, preparing and presenting outcomes to key stakeholders.
- Contribute to the promotion of the employer Group to clients and the wider industry
- Collaboration with clients, architects and other external consultants.
- Actively participate is the team culture, supporting your Team Leader in social, sustainability, H&S, technology development, QA and other team and business initiatives.
- Assist with training and direction of graduate engineers and junior Draftsperson.
- Flexibility to travel across the Middle East region (in particular, The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia) for short to mid-term placements.
What you will need to succeed:
- A sound knowledge of - and ability to develop and apply - first-principles engineering solutions, as temporary structures are not as highly codified as permanent structures
- Confident communicator, able to explain engineering concepts clearly and simply
- Experience in structural design from concept through to detailed design. Design team management is advantageous.
- Construction experience in temporary works design is required and construction site experience is advantageous.
- The ability to work independently and to be client-facing.
- An interest in temporary demountable structures and the events industry would be advantageous.
What you will get in return
In return, our client offers a highly competitive salary + flight allowance + medical + bonus
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. If this job is not quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.