Your new company The client is a leading commercial bank offering a wide range of products and services such as retail banking, corporate banking, financing for the construction, real estate and trade sectors, providing loans, letters of credit and guarantees and treasury and investment services. In addition, the bank provides a wide range of financial services such as asset management, portfolio management, wealth management, investment banking, custody, and consultative services.
Your new role
- To manage lawsuits and liaise with external law firms. To advise the bank on legal affairs and matters arising out of legal action by or against the bank and to draft, manage and negotiate contractual documentation.
- To communicate operational procedures and manage and motivate individual employees and the team in line with people policies & practices and identify training and development needs.
Governance and Compliance
- To identify legal risks and assist in the mitigation of legal risks across the bank, working within risk policies and procedures and compliance regulations.
Litigation and Mediation
- To advise on labor disputes, internal regulations, taxation issues, and deceased claims. To liaise with law firms and commence legal proceedings as required. To conduct mediation and negotiation as an alternative to litigation.
- Advisory and Reports Writing To provide advice to the head office on all legal affairs. To provide advice to counsel and ensure counsel is fully briefed. To regularly report on the case status and next steps. Legal Contracts
- To develop contracts and lead development from drafting to finalizing the negotiation process. To provide legal advice and opinion. Draft, review and respond to RFP’s, RFQ’s, RFI’s or customer terms & conditions as required. To advise on and maintain contract precedents, contract policy, legal risk and liability and maintain the bank’s position. To engage in contract negotiation and advise on optimal contract terms. To approve local contracts and agreements and ensure the bank’s interests are protected.
What you'll need to succeed
- At least 7 years of legal experience (where appropriate, in banking/finance or other required and relevant areas of specialism, such as commercial law) from a reputable law firm and/or regional or international bank
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognised/reputable university in law, or another degree and a recognised conversion course
- Proven knowledge of banking sector legal theory and practice and an understanding of UAE legal procedures.
What you'll get in return
- Work with one of UAEs well established Bank
- Tax free salary + incentives
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1021227 #1021227