Director of Architecture - Real Estate Development project
NOW HIRING A DIRECTOR OF ARCHITECTURE
Your new company
You will be joining a large multi-billion USD hospitality project based in Saudi Arabia (client side). They are currently looking to hire a Director of Architecture, to be located in Riyadh.
Your new role
As Director of Architecture for a large-scale mixed-use development project, you will be responsible for leading the overall design strategy and architectural vision for the project. You will collaborate with various stakeholders, including project managers, developers, engineers, contractors, and other design professionals to ensure that the project meets all aesthetic, functional, and regulatory requirements.
• Develop and maintain the overall design strategy and architectural vision for the project
• Oversee and lead the design team, including architects, designers, and drafters, to ensure that design solutions are in line with the overall project goals
• Manage project schedules, budgets, and resources to ensure timely delivery of all design deliverables
• Review and approve all design documents, including plans, elevations, sections, details, and specifications, to ensure compliance with building codes, zoning regulations, and project requirements
• Coordinate with the construction team to ensure that the design intent is maintained throughout the construction process
• Participate in client meetings and presentations to provide design solutions and recommendations
• Ensure that the design team is up-to-date on the latest design trends, construction technologies, and regulatory requirements
What you'll need to succeed
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in architecture
• 15+ years’ experience in design development of the various asset classes
• Firm grasp of how local architecture interpretation is applied
• Able to shift focus between projects quickly
• Guard architectural design intent
• Skilled at bringing architecture and engineering together
• Be able to act as a facilitator but skilled to step in, lead the efforts of design teams and act as a lead design coordinator
• Must be able to draft design briefs for the various projects/asset classes, interpret feasibility parameters and translate (add value to) feasibility study material into development briefs
• Deep knowledge of materials and costs.
What you'll get in return
In return, our client offers a highly competitive salary + education allowance + flight allowance + medical + bonus
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.