In association with ACCA, the report examines the career paths of more than 100 senior finance professionals, incorporating survey results, commentary and Q&As with five finance leaders operating in the GCC.
- The majority of finance leaders are male, aged between 30 and 45 years old
- 91% of finance leaders have gained international experience and most commonly in Asia (49%) and Europe (41%)
- Operations is considered the most important discipline for the finance leader to partner with
- People management is the most important skill for a good finance leader to possess
- 21% of finance leaders would like to reach the position of CEO as their ultimate career goal, while a separate 20% would like to start their own business
Hays would like to express our gratitude to all those individuals who participated in our online survey and provided such invaluable information. We would also like to thank the ACCA and the report contributors who willingly offered their thoughts to the research findings, as well as providing us with in-depth insights into their careers in the finance profession.
Over 100 senior finance professionals, operating in the GCC region, were surveyed online during 2016. They were asked about their educational background, qualifications, international experience, responsibilities, challenges and personal aspirations.