This unique report takes a detailed look at salary and hiring trends from 2016 and employee and employer expectations for 2017. Sectors/professions covered in the report include: Accountancy & Finance, Construction & Property, Engineering, HR, IT, Legal, Office Support, Sales & Marketing, and Supply Chain*.
- 37% of employers reported a reduction in headcount in their organisation last year
- 4% of employees were made redundant in 2016 compared to 2% in 2015
- 9% of survey respondents experienced a pay cut, 52% reported their salaries to remain the same and 39% saw an increase
- 72% of organisations plan to recruit additional headcount in 2017
- 55% of employees will consider changing jobs in the next 12 months (similar to 57% in 2016)
- The majority of employers (82%), anticipate salaries within their organisation to either remain the same or increase by up to 5% in 2017
- 2017 GCC hiring market to see an uplift in activity
- Radio Interview: Forecasts for the 2017 GCC hiring market- 11th January 2017
- Non-payment of municipality fees risks disconnection of utilities, legal charges - 5th January 2017
- Employers need to do more to attract and retain top talent - 12th December 2016
Hays would like to express our gratitude to all those individuals who participated in our online survey and provided such invaluable feedback, which we feel has contributed to making this the most accurate and up to date Salary and Employment report of its kind in the GCC.
We welcome any feedback or comments regarding this survey whether positive or negative to ensure that it continues to be relevant to GCC organisations across all industries. Please address any suggestions to your local Hays office or to: email@example.com
The Hays GCC Salary and Employment Report is representative of a value added service to our clients, prospective clients and candidates. Whilst every care is taken in the collection and compilation of data, the survey is interpretive and indicative, not conclusive. Therefore information should be used as a guideline only and should not be reproduced in total or by section without written prior permission from Hays.
- Job seekers: Register your CV
- Employers: Register your vacancies
- Career advice: Visit our dedicated blog page
- Market intelligence: View all the latest reports about the world of work from Hays
*Please note: Oil & Gas technical roles are not included in this report. For more information about the Oil & Gas employment market, visit: hays-oilgas.com