We surveyed over 2,400 working professionals and 200 hiring managers to present you with the most accurate analysis of salaries and hiring trends in the Middle East.
Our survey found:
- 50% of employees received some sort of increase in their salary in 2015
- 23% of salary rises were due to a ‘standard increase across the company’, the remaining 77% were due to individual circumstances
- 51% of employees think their salary will increase by 11-15% in 2016, while only 9% of employers think salaries will increase by this amount at their company
- 31% of the employees changed jobs in 2015
- The single biggest reason for changing jobs was ‘career progression’ (37%), followed by ‘to increase salary’ (27%)
- 57% of employees will consider changing jobs in 2016
- Of employers, 52% expect to increase headcount within their organisation this year (down from 76% last year)
- 65% of employees and 49% of employers feel ‘positive’ or ‘very positive’ about the outlook for 2016 (compared to 69% of employers feeling this way in 2015)
- GCC salaries to be less buoyant than in 2015 - 24th January 2016
- Souring mood among Gulf employers and workers, jobs survey shows - 24th January 2016
- 52% of workers in UAE, rest of GCC received pay hike last year - 25th January 2016
- GCC Salaries To Be Less Buoyant Than In 2015 - 25th January 2016
- Only half of Gulf employers looking to hire - 25th January 2016
- Plenty of job opportunities in GCC but salaries will not rise significantly - 2nd February 2016
Hays would like to express our gratitude to all those organisations that participated in our online survey and provided such invaluable feedback, which we feel has contributed to making this the most accurate and up to date survey of its kind in the GCC.
We welcome any feedback or comments regarding this survey whether positive or negative to ensure that it continues to be relevant to GCC organisations across all industries. Please address any suggestions to your local Hays office or to: SalarySurveyME@hays.com
The Hays GCC Salary and Employment Report is representative of a value added service to our clients, prospective clients and candidates. Whilst every care is taken in the collection and compilation of data, the survey is interpretive and indicative, not conclusive. Therefore information should be used as a guideline only and should not be reproduced in total or by section without written prior permission from Hays.